RI for Trustees
This course outlines why responsible investment is important for trustee and board members, and the steps involved in becominig a responsible trustee. It helps to clarify how ESG issues impact business and investment decision making through financial modelling, case studies, interactive spreadsheets and implementation guides. There is substantial academic literature involved, but no exam at the end.
Responsible Investment for Trustees
The Responsible Investment for Trustees course is brought to you by the PRI Academy. It features content from leading international experts, real life and hypothetical case studies, financial modelling, and has been designed to help maximise your understanding and practical application of key ESG concepts in the shortest possible timeframe.
The Responsible Investment for Trustees course provides an outline on why responsible investment is important for trustees and board members and the steps involved to become a responsible trustee. The course sets out why sustainability or ESG issues are relevant to you as a trustee or board member.
After successful completion of the course, the user will be awarded a certificate of completion.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why sustainability issues are important for pension funds.
- Work with your board, executive team and others to develop and implement a responsible investment strategy that matches your fund’s overall objectives.
- Identifying the relationship between ESG analysis and investment decision making.
- Ensure that your strategy is kept up to date.
- Environmental and social megatrends
- Developments in fiduciary duty and the regulatory environment
- Long-term investment
- Research on ESG issues and financial performance
ORGANISATIONAL PURPOSE AND VALUES
- Establishing the purpose and values of your fund
- Set out a process for establishing your organizational purpose and values.
- What are the beliefs about investment, markets and sustainability issues that guide your fund?
- Examples of investment beliefs on ESG issues from around the world
INTERNATIONAL REFERENCE POINTS
- Setting your RI policy
- Reference points for your policy – e.g.international standards
TOOLS YOU CAN USE
- ESG integration
- Investing in sustainability solutions and the real economy
- Market-wide engagement
FOCUS ISSUES: WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Climate change
- Human rights
- Issues that affect your fund
WRITING AND IMPLEMENTING YOUR POLICY
- Drawing together the strands to write your policy
- Setting objectives
- Resources you will need
WORKING WITH INVESTMENT CONSULTANTS AND MANAGERS
- How to get the best out of your investment consultants and managers to support your approach to RI?
- ESG requirements in requests for proposals
- ESG requirements in investment management agreements
PUBLIC REPORTING ON RI
- What does best practice public reporting on RI look like?
- report’s content
- report’s quality
MAKING IT ALL HAPPEN
- Ideas for working with your colleagues on the board and with your executive team to get RI off the ground at your fund
- Bringing it all together
We understand that sustainable finance will become mainstream in many financial markets in the near future. We want to position ourselves as experts in this field to advise our clients to the very best. PRI Academy, through its courses and resources, is our partner when it comes to learning about sustainable and responsible investment principles. We particularly like the logical approach in their courses.
As a newcomer to the world of Responsible Investing I found the PRI course for Board Members and Trustees to be incredibly helpful. It was very informative and provided quite a few links to extra content that will enable me to continue the learning process. I now feel much more prepared to engage in meaningful dialogue with investment fund managers and executives.
Extremely Helpful Contents
Simple & clear Learning Process
Please fill the form below to start your enrolment process.