Terms and conditions
PART A: GENERAL TERMS
- Permitted Use and Restrictions
- Accessing our website
- Intellectual property rights
- Reliance on information posted
- Our liability
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Links to and from our website
- Other Important Terms
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
- Contact Us
Subject to you agreeing to abide by these Terms, we grant you the right and access to use our website. We reserve all other rights which are not granted in these Terms. You may view, use and display the website only for information purposes and as otherwise intended by these Terms. We may revoke the permission and/or rights granted in these Terms at any time without notice and with or without cause.
You must not use the website: (a) in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose or to act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses or harmful data, into the website or any operating system used by the website; (b) in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; (c) to collect or harvest any information or data from the website or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the website; (d) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these Terms; or (e) to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam). You may not carry out any data mining or similar data gathering or extraction methods on the website.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business or operational reasons, or any other reason. We will try to give you reasonable notice in these circumstances.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for all use of your user account and you must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or access to your user account. We have the right to disable any account and/or user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You shall ensure that the equipment used to access the website is suitable for the purpose. You acknowledge and accept that PRI Academy cannot be held responsible for any technical problems you encounter while visiting our website.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved. Except as set out in these Terms, the content of the website may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. If you are a signatory of the PRI Association, or an employee of a corporate signatory, you may download, reproduce and edit precedent materials and guidance notes from the website for use by your business (but not for onward sale). You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the website or features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the website or its content.
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
You agree to compensate and hold us, our affiliates and each of our directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the website and/or arising from a breach of these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude your or our liability for: (a) death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability may apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in the relevant additional terms.
If you are a business user:
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
In particular, we will not be liable for:
If you are a consumer:
We only provide our website for information purposes. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes other than as intended by these Terms, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation. You may not frame or deep link this website. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with applicable laws. You must not establish a link in such a manner that suggests endorsement, association or approval on our part where none exists.
Where our website contains links to third party websites and resources, these links are provided for information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We may terminate these Terms and your permission to use the website immediately if: (a) you commit any breach of these Terms; (b) we discontinue the website; or (c) we are prevented from providing the website for any reason, or for any other reason as we see fit.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to change, edit, suspend, delete and/or cancel any part of the website (and/ or your access to it) at any time with or without notice to you.
On termination of these Terms for any reason: (a) all rights granted to you under these Terms will immediately cease; (b) you must immediately cease all activities authorised by these Terms; and (c) you acknowledge that we may restrict your access to the website.
When your use of the website ceases, any provision of these Terms that expressly or by implication is intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination shall remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party unless PRI Academy agrees in writing. PRI Academy may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party at its discretion.
No delay by either party in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms, or any leniency in exercising such rights or remedies, shall operate as a waiver of the right or remedy or affect the relevant party’s scope to subsequently exercise that right or remedy. Any waiver by a party will be issued only in writing.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us relating to the subject matter of these Terms and supersede any prior agreement or understanding between you and us relating to the subject matter of these Terms.
You acknowledge that you have not entered into these Terms in reliance on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty that is not expressly set out in these Terms (other than in respect of any fraudulent misrepresentation).
We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time by amending this page and your continued use of the website after any such amendments are published on the website will be considered acceptance by you of such amended Terms. Updated terms will supersede all previous versions of the Terms. Please check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. The date these Terms were last updated appears at the bottom.
Questions and comments regarding these Terms should be sent to: email@example.com
PRI Enterprises Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRI Association
Company number: 08763071
Registered address: 5th Floor, 25 Camperdown Street, London, England E1 8DZ
These Terms were last updated on  June 2020
PART B: ADDITIONAL TERMS
End User Terms for PRI Academy Courses (“End User Terms”)
In addition to our General Terms above, these End User Terms apply when you purchase or participate in a PRI Academy Course, and the following definitions shall apply:
PRI Academy Course means online professional development courses developed and owned by PRI Academy.
Course Entrant means an individual who has purchased a PRI Academy Course or for whom a PRI Academy Course has been purchased.
- Ordering a PRI Academy Course
- PRI Academy Course Administration
- that does not meet the entry requirements specified on the website (if any);
- is otherwise ineligible for participation in the PRI Academy Course; or
- whose participation in any PRI Academy Course would, in PRI Academy’s reasonable opinion, be undesirable or whose behaviour PRI Academy considers is or may be inappropriate.
- PRI Academy Course Availability
- Intellectual Property
If you are a business, you may purchase a PRI Academy Course(s) on behalf of a Course Entrant(s) from PRI Academy by completing an Order Form or a Group Enrolment Form, thereby entering into an Agreement with PRI Academy.
If you are an individual, you may purchase a PRI Academy Course(s) directly through PRI Academy’s website, subject to the Terms of Sale for Individuals which are set out below.
The full description of each PRI Academy Course is provided on our website. In order to access the PRI Academy Course, we will either send you log in details (for example, where you have been enrolled by your employer) or you will need to register for an online account via the website.
PRI Academy may at its reasonable discretion, and without any liability or any obligation to refund any fees, refuse to provide (or discontinue access of) a PRI Academy Course to any Course Entrant:
From time to time, PRI Academy may modify any PRI Academy Course. PRI Academy does not make any commitment that you will obtain any particular result from participation in a PRI Academy Course or on completion of a PRI Academy Course.
You accept that periods of downtime in respect of access to a PRI Academy Course may be necessary and that access to a PRI Academy Course and technical support may not be available during such periods. PRI Academy shall not be liable in respect of any such period of unavailability.
PRI Academy will use reasonable endeavours to make PRI Academy Course(s) available in accordance with the description on our website and to assist with any technical problems that you experience and report to PRI Academy (unless you are a business and have agreed with PRI Academy that your business will be responsible for technical support and maintenance). However, PRI Academy cannot guarantee uninterrupted or error free availability or that any defects reported will be corrected.
You accept and acknowledge that PRI Academy cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your access to any PRI Academy Course in connection with the operation of the internet (including but not limited to viruses), any firewall restrictions, any failures of telecommunications links and equipment, or browser incompatibility or other technological issues beyond the control of PRI Academy.
You shall save and back up all of your data that you use in connection with PRI Academy Course(s).
PRI Academy (and/or its licensors as the case may be) is and shall remain the owner of all intellectual property rights in the PRI Academy Courses. No PRI Academy Course nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of PRI Academy, save as otherwise set out in this section 4.
Effective from the date of receipt of the fees in respect of the relevant PRI Academy Course, PRI Academy grants to each Course Entrant a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to view and access the PRI Academy Course solely for professional development purposes.
Save as expressly set out in these Terms, you shall not modify, copy, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit, make available, disseminate or distribute in any way any PRI Academy Course or its associated content. You shall not modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, recompile or reverse engineer any software forming part of the PRI Academy Course or create derivative works based on the same.
Terms of Sale for Individuals
In addition to our General Terms and End User Terms (both above), these additional terms apply to an individual that purchases a PRI Academy Course for its own participation. Please read these terms carefully before you purchase a PRI Academy Course.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- 1.1 You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team on +44 (0)203 714 31469, by writing to us at Level 5, 25 Camperdown Street, London, E1 8DZ, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
- 1.2 When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes email.
- 1.3 We are under a legal duty to provide the PRI Academy Courses in conformity with these terms. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Ordering a Course
- 2.1 You may order a PRI Academy Course(s) through our website, providing all of the information that we request for the purpose of completing your order and administering the PRI Academy Course. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you login details to start the PRI Academy Course(s), at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- 2.2 If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the PRI Academy Course. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the PRI Academy Course.
- 2.3 We may make minor changes to a PRI Academy Course to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or to implement technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not materially affect your use of the PRI Academy Course.
- Price and payment
- 3.1 The price of each PRI Academy Course will be as told to you over the telephone, by email or indicated on the order page when you place your order on our website.
- 3.2 It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the PRI Academy Courses we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the PRI Academy Course’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount. If the PRI Academy Course’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- 3.3 We accept payment by credit or debit card, PayPal and, in certain cases, via bank transfer. You must pay for the PRI Academy Course before you will receive registration details to access and participate in the PRI Academy Course.
- 3.4 If PRI Academy determines that you have purchased a PRI Academy Course using a discount code for which you were not eligible, PRI Academy will be entitled to issue an invoice for the difference between the amount you have paid and the amount you should have paid. If you do not pay the difference within 14 days, PRI Academy may restrict your access to the PRI Academy Course(s) without any further liability to you until you have paid the difference.
- Providing access to a PRI Academy Course
- 4.1 Once we have received payment for the PRI Academy Course(s), we will email you information explaining how to register for a user account on our website.
- 4.2 We will need certain information from you for the purposes of administering the PRI Academy Course, for example your name and email address. If you do not provide this information or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may end the contract (and clause 6.1 will apply). We will not be responsible for a delay in the provision of the PRI Academy Course if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time.
- 4.3 Once you receive registration details from us, you must register for a user account on our website. Before accessing a PRI Academy Course, you will need to agree to our General Terms and End User Terms (both set out above).
- 4.4 You must complete the PRI Academy Course: (a) for RI Courses, within a period of 6 months from receipt of registration details; and (b) for all other courses, within a period of 12 months from receipt of registration details. If you do not register for a user account and complete the PRI Academy Course within these timeframes, your user account (if any) will automatically deactivate and your access to the PRI Academy Course will expire.
- 4.5 If access to the PRI Academy Course is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for PRI Academy Course(s) you have paid for but not completed.
- Your rights to end the contract
- 5.1 If you change your mind about a PRI Academy Course, and wish to receive a refund (less any fees charged by an online payment gateway or bank), you have to let us know within 14 days after we email you to confirm that we accept your order (“Cancellation Period”). You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of a PRI Academy Course which you have already completed.
- 5.2 To end the contract as set out above, please let us know by phone or email, or you can complete the cancellation form below (or print it off and post it to us). Alternatively, you may write to us including details of your order and your contact details. We will issue the relevant refund using the same method used for payment within 14 days of you telling us that you wish to end the contract.
- 5.3 Refunds for cancellation other than as set out above shall be subject to our discretion and may be subject to an administrative fee.
- Our rights to end the contract
- 6.1 We may end the contract for a PRI Academy Course at any time upon notice to you if: (a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due; or (b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the PRI Academy Course, in particular, your name and email address.
- 6.2 We will write to you to let you know (in advance, if possible) if we withdraw or cancel a PRI Academy Course whether before or after commencement of the PRI Academy Course. If so, we will either provide you with a deferral or refund sums you have paid for any incompleted PRI Academy Course, at your discretion.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- 7.1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill.
- 7.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the PRI Academy Course.
- 7.3 We only supply the PRI Academy Course(s) for your personal use. If you use the PRI Academy Course(s) for any commercial or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.